Why track your workouts?
Supports setting realistic goals and tracking progress
Incentive to hit the water when the spirit is wavering
Discover patterns – peaks and troughs that help understand performance and trace injuries
Club spirit – YOU MATTER; YOUR METRES MATTER – no matter the quantity, every metre contributes to your club’s monthly total
Rules, Rules, Rules
The MEGAmetre Tracker is primarily a personal fitness log. Only you know the accuracy of your entries. Club statistics help to promote participation. They also allow for a little inter-club rivalry.
- All Swimmers of masters age 18+ years
- You must sign into the MSO database to enter your metres, i.e., User ID (email address) and password —> LINK to SIGN IN Page
- Only MSO-registered swimmers are entitled to receive milestone awards.
- All entries must be in metres with no decimals
- For yard pools 1 yard = 0.9144 metres and round up or down to the nearest metre.
- Use your GPS watch for OWS swims, rounded to the nearest metre.
- Only daily entries are accepted; you cannot enter the total distance for a week or month
- The maximum daily entry is 20,000 metres to accommodate long OWS races and training.
- Use the comment field to give context to your workout. Whining is permitted.
TRANSITIONAL Rules (September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018)
- The MEGAmetre Tracker accepts log entries from September 1, 2017 to the current day.
- You may TRANSFER IN the total metres from another tracking tool. This is intended to be a ONE‑TIME transfer in.
- Only milestones reached while tracking in MEGAmetre since September 1, 2017 are eligible for recognition awards.
Example 1 – Your ONE TIME transfer in is 1,900K metres. You reached the 2 million in October 2017 while using the MEGAmetre Tracker. You will be eligible for the 2 million metre recognition award.
Example 2 – Your ONE TIME transfer in is 2,100 metres in February 2018. You are NOT eligible for the 2 million metre recognition award since you did not reach that milestone while using the MEGAmetre Tracker.
ONGOING Rules (Effective September 1, 2018)
- Only metres swum after you registered with the system is eligible. Retroactively entries are not permitted.
- Only 2 months are open for tracking; the current month and the previous month.
- The Transfer in option will be closed on September 1, 2018
Milestones for Recognition Awards (DRAFT)
Swim caps will be awarded at 100K, 250K, 500K, 1 million, 2 million, 5 million, 10 million, 15, million, 20 million and so on
Swimmers reaching a milestone and wishing to claim a Recognition Award must inform MSO’s MEGAmetre Coordinator at MEGAmetre@MastersSwimmingOntario.ca
Recognition Awards will be mailed periodically to the club for distribution to their swimmers.