The MSO Challenge Circuit is a new event aimed at:
- Engaging all clubs in healthy competition regardless of club size and location;
- Providing all swimmers an opportunity to learn how to race every event in a comfortable and familiar venue;
- Having fun!
MSO recognizes the diversity of its membership; the diversity of club size and focus as well as the diversity of swimmer ability and interests. We recognize that smaller towns and cities may not have sufficient clubs and swimmers to support sanctioned competition. Travel to meets may be prohibitive and so they focus only on the championship season. We have keen competitors, casual competitors and fitness swimmers who may be reluctant to give formal competition a go. So how do we engage ALL clubs and ALL swimmers? Through the Challenge Circuit (click here for PDF version).
How do we engage ALL clubs and ALL swimmers?
The MSO Challenge Circuit makes available the competitive experience to ALL MSO swimmers wherever your club may be located. No meet fees – No travel needed. And YES, the results will count and will be ranked. They will be uploaded to the MSO database.
The Challenge Circuit aims to engage ALL clubs and ALL swimmers?
The MSO Challenge Circuit makes available the competitive experience to ALL MSO swimmers wherever your club may be located. Super Low costs – No travel needed. And YES, the results will count and will be ranked. They will be uploaded to the MSO database.
The Rules – there are always Rules!
- Each Challenge Circuit event will be set up like a time trial/dual meet during existing practice time(s). Clubs are encouraged to team up with other local clubs and use timers and officials from their own club. Clubs may host as many time trials/dual meets as they wish to complete the events within any Challenge period.
- The club is responsible to secure a qualified meet referee and starter, and two timers per lane. The club must ensure that meet conditions were met. The meet referee shall validate/sign off on the meet results.
- A record application must be supported by 3 manual times, a pool survey and a signed submission by the time trial referee.
- During each Challenge Circuit period, swimmers will choose from a prescribed set of events. All events are to be submitted as SCM. Clubs swimming in SCY pools, without access to an SCM pool may submit converted times – https://swimswam.com/swimming-times-conversion-tool/
- Clubs have until the end of the Challenge Circuit period (see dates below) to submit all validated results to MSO at MSOMeets@MastersSwimmingOntario.ca. Don’t wait until the end; interim results will be accepted and encouraged. The results may be submitted as a CL2 Hytek file (preferred), spreadsheet (click here for template) or paper, provided that all the standard information is included (e.g., MSO#, name, club, gender, date of birth).
- The Challenge Circuit is separate and distinct from sanctioned meets. In other words, if you swim it at a sanctioned meet, please don’t submit it with your Challenge results.
- All Challenge Circuit swimmers must be MSO registered. Independent swimmers registered with TOMS are encouraged to contact the nearest MSO affiliated club regarding opportunities to swim as guests.
- Club results will be combined with those from other clubs so that the results from each Challenge Circuit will be treated like one, large swim meet.
Challenge Periods and Events
MSO Challenge Circuit #1: November 1-January 30
Target Events: 400 FR/200 FL/200 BK/100 FR/50 BK/50 BR
Optional Events: 100 IM/50 FR/50 FL / 25 FR/25BK/25 BR/25 FL
Results Submission Deadline: January 30
MSO Challenge Circuit #2: February 1-April 30
Target Events: 1500 FR/200 IM/200 BR/100 IM/100 BK/50 FL
Optional Events: 100 FR/50 FR/50BK/50 BR/25 FR/25BK/25 BR/25 FL
Results Submission Deadline: April 30
MSO Challenge Circuit #3: May 1-July 30
Target Events: 800 FR/400 IM/200 FR/100 FL/100 BR/50 FR
Optional Events: 100 BK/100 IM/50 FL/50BK/50 BR/25 FR/25BK/25 BR/25 FL
Results Submission Deadline: July 30
click to go to RESULTS PAGE
This is the first time MSO is offering the Circuit Challenge. Feedback received during the first Circuit may be used to adjust the 2nd and 3rd Challenge Circuits.
Please contact Andrea Smith at A_Smith@MastersSwimmingOntario.ca or at MSOMeets@MastersSwimmingOntario.ca