To: All Clubs
Step 3 Ontario Roadmap
As a reminder, all clubs offering either pool or OWS summer programs are asked to notify MSO of their return via the following Google Form at https://forms.gle/aAqKZ9wArzBaukfn7.
Ontario has entered Step 3 of its Roadmap and we are pleased that the 3m distancing is gone.
While municipalities may implement the Roadmap differently, MSO has adjusted its Step 3 Guidance as follows:
- Maintain screening, attendance and tracing
- Maintain arrival and departure protocols as per facility/local requirements
- Maintain mask usage prior to entering and after leaving the water.
- Maintain 2m distancing when not swimming; i.e., double-ended home bases continue
- No requirement for 2m distance WHILE swimming, i.e., allows for single and quasi‑single lane formats.
- If used, double lane swimming continues to be swum around the perimeter of the double lane.
- Clubs that were not previously active under COVID restrictions are considered New Returning Clubs and are permitted fewer swimmers per lane for 3 weeks before increasing.
- All lane limits are subject to provincial and local maximums
|Pool||New Returning Clubs||Experienced Clubs|
|Up to 4 swimmers / single SCY lane
Up to 5 swimmers / double SCY lane
|Up to 5 swimmers / single SCY lane
Up to 6 swimmers / double SCY lane
|Up to 4 swimmers / single SCM lane
Up to 6 swimmers / double SCM lane
|Up to 6 swimmers / single SCM lane
Up to 8 swimmers / double SCM lane
|Up to 6 swimmers / single LCM lane
Up to 8 swimmers / double LCM lane
|Up to 10 swimmers / single LCM lane
Up to 12 swimmers / double LCM lane
Clubs are asked to submit their proposed diagrams showing home bases and how swimmers get into motion. Please send to MSOReg@MastersSwimmingOntario.ca
MSO will continue to monitor developments and make adjustments as needed.
2021-2022 Start-up and Fees
The new season starts on September 1, 2021. The 2021-2022 affiliation process will open in mid-August. The Start-up Notice will be sent to all club presidents and will outline any updates to the Return to Swimming guidance, forms and waivers. Please make sure your club executive is current in the MSO database.
The Club Affiliation fee will remain at $45 per year. The swimmer registration fee will be $15.
Last week, we launched the celebration of 50 years of masters swimming in Canada. If you did not receive the email, a copy is on the MSO website. The activities this summer are intended to assist clubs in generating some excitement for the new season and the return to swimming. Please encourage your club to participate.
2021Virtual OWS Challenge
2020-2021 Not-Quite-Nationals Virtual Pool Challenge
The Pool Challenge will continue through the summer. The details are posted on the MSO website.