(last update November 19, 2017)
- The name of the Association is: Masters Swimming Ontario.
- The goal of the Association is to promote Masters Swimming in Ontario.
- The objectives of the Association are:
a) to promote, foster, teach, and perpetuate life-long adult fitness through the sport of swimming, and to encourage training for self-development and sportsmanship in the field of competitive Masters Swimming;
b) to promote swimming as a means of healthful exercise for a broad cross-section of the community and as a means of improving the physical fitness of the general population;
c) to outline safe training programmes directed to both former competitors and non-competitors; and
d) to determine, publish, update, administer, and enforce rules and regulations governing Masters Swimming and the conduct of Masters Swimming competition under its jurisdiction, and to deal with any infringement thereof.
- The Association may be a Member of Masters Swimming Canada, which is comprised of the provincial Masters Swimming associations.
- The Association may be an affiliate member of Swim Ontario.
- Individual members shall enjoy the same rights as those set forth in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- The operations of the Association are chiefly carried on in the Province of Ontario.
- The Association shall be a non-profit incorporated organization.
Read the full Constitution and Bylaws of Masters Swimming Ontario