Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Masters Swimming Ontario (MSO) shall be held
Saturday, March 28, 2020
morning warm-up 1500 Free MSO Provincials – Nepean
Hall E – Nepean Sportsplex
1701 Woodroffe Ave.
Nepean, Ontario K2G 1W2
The AGM shall be held for the following purposes:
- To receive and consider the financial statements of the Association for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2019;
- To elect Directors to the Board;
- To appoint Auditors; and
- To transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The agenda and all documents for this meeting will be posted 30 days prior to the meeting on the MSO Website at https://www.mastersswimmingontario.ca/about-us/annual-general-meetings/.
At this time, MSO is issuing a Call for New Nominations to fill vacant director positions. The Nomination / Consent to Serve form is found on the MSO website. Please submit your nomination papers to Rod Beauprie, MSO Secretary no later than February 15, 2020.
All members are encouraged to attend the AGM. Only member clubs and unattached members (as a group) affiliated with MSO during the 2019/2020 season have voting rights. All AGM documents and voting procedures will be sent out and posted to the MSO website at least 30 days prior to the AGM. A schedule is provided below.
Dated at Ottawa January 12 2020
Order of the MSO Board of Directors
TIMELINE for March 28th AGM
Notice of AGM & Call for Nominations
Issued January 12, 2020
Nomination deadline February 15, 2020
AGM Package, Financial Statements and Voting Ballots
To be issued by February 27th (at least 30 days prior)
Determine Club Voting Weights – # paid registered swimmers as of February 27th
Notices of Motion
To be issued 14 days prior – March 14th
The following documents will be posted on the MSO website by above scheduled dates
- Annual General Meeting Package and Annual Reports
- Draft Financial Statements year ending August 31, 2019
- Draft Minutes 2018 Annual General Meeting – December 9, 2018
- 2019 AGM Motions and Member Club Voting
- NOTICE of Motion to amend the MSO bylaws
The following forms are found on the MSO website
- Nomination / Consent to Serve Form
- Ballot for the Election of Directors
- Notice of Motion